Halloween is full of both tricks and treats, but pet parents should be careful not to let their pets accidentally scarf down too much of the latter. In the blink of an eye, chocolate candy intended to end up in pumpkin-shaped buckets may end up in your pup’s tummy.
The pet insurance experts at Trupanion see a 71% increase in chocolate toxicity during Halloween compared to the previous six months of the year. Chocolate-related health issues can cost pet owners between $240 to $1,200 per claim.
To keep pets safe and avoid incurring such costs, pet owners should keep chocolate and other Halloween candy out of paw’s reach. Additionally, pet parents should be careful not to let their pets fall victim to other Halloween hazards.
Source: ConsumerAffairs.Com • Sarah D. Young